Marks and Spencer
Marks and Spencer benefited from our capabilities in these areas:
Find out more about the specific solutions we implemented:
By modernising HR, payroll & workforce management, we helped Marks & Spencer achieve their “Plan A” environmental initiative, moving from paper to online payslips & and reducing paperwork in-store.
Customer Benefits & Impact
- Significant reductions in HR administration, enabling staff redeployment.
- Payroll accuracy of 99.8%, reducing overpayments & wasted management time.
- Significant savings each year due to improved tax efficiency in benefits provision.
- An increase in revenue via an effective scheduling solution.
- Cost savings from improved efficiency via self-service & workflow technology.
- Increased employee engagement due to the ability for employees to self-serve holiday requests, declare working availability & view payslips from home.
Leading retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) were working with an old mainframe based and inflexible payroll software solution, as well as a manual time and attendance process.
This led to:
- A high number of administrators needed to manage paper based processes.
- Payroll inaccuracies creating leakage and absorbing HR management time.
- Workforce scheduling that was not linked to information from till transactions.
- Inability to offer benefits such as childcare vouchers and pension salary sacrifice.
- Substantial and costly paper-based communication.
Ceridian used its tax optimisation KnowHow to integrate salary sacrifice (such as pension contributions and childcare vouchers) into its outsourced payroll solution.
We improved processes and efficiency through self service – holiday requests, declaring availability for additional hours, and online payslips.
We supported M&S employees through change with training on the system change of working practices for retail employees.
We worked closely with M&S to balance the benefits of standard process with requirements for unique solutions in certain situations.
Explore more case studies